Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mama's Gotta Brand-New Bag!

^Click title for full picture tutorial and printable pattern at "I am Momma, Hear me Roar"^
Okey-dokey, all of you crafters out there, you are defiantly going to want to try this one!  I pinned this purse tutorial from Pinterest, thinking to myself..."I need a new purse, I should just sew one, but I'm not that great on the sewing machine, but I don't want to go out and spend money on a purse-I've been out there and have not liked what I have seen, but when I am going to find the time to sew,  I don't even  have time to go search for one, I guess I will just pin this for later."  As chance would have it, I found myself home from work one day while my daughter had the stomach flu.  I was determined to get as much done as I could before I surrendered to what seemed like the inevitable illness I would fall pray to and while cleaning out my craft closet, I found this fabric that I've had for about 5 years and knew that it was just waiting to be made into my new purse.


Like I stated, sewing is not my forte, but this pattern for the blog "I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar" was so simple, if you are familiar at all with a sewing machine and patterns you will be able to do this.





I didn't have a magnetic snap on hand, so I just left that out and I felt the bow didn't match the style of fabric nor did I have enough of the brown polka dot, so I went with a button-and-yo-yo combo instead (my husband felt off-center was better, so I went with his artistic vision here).




You will notice that I also added a center purse divider with pockets, but being that this was my first purse of any kind and I went rogue on the pattern, that part didn't turn out as well.  When I layered the lining together I should have adjusted the divider so that it wasn't so baggie when  placed inside the shell of the purse.  O' well, live and learn.  It still works great and I love it!

P.S. The stomach flu never made it to me that weekend, but I found myself to be very productive while I waited.

Pattern and Tutorial at: http://www.iammommahearmeroar.net/2011/09/tohoku-tote.html

No comments:

Post a Comment