Tuesday, December 27, 2011

From Socks to Fingerless Gloves

So my daughter really wanted a pair of fingerless gloves, but the selection of  gloves is town appeared  limited and the sock selection seemed bountiful, so she asked me to make her some.  Being a very easy project, I knew she could do this one on her own, but being that I do not know how to knit and she does and she is in the middle of making me a painstakingly slow-mustard-yellow scarf, I figured I would let her focus and do this one for her.  I looked it up on Pinterest so you will see the original pin on my "Craftlandia" Board.

Step 1:  Cut off the sock just under the heel so you have only the tube part the covers your leg.

Step 2:  The cut end will become the top of the glove that will sit on your upper arm.  Just fold over the cut edge to hem it sewing it to the inside of the "glove".


Step 3:  about 1 1/2 inches from the other end cut a small hole for your thumb folding the cut edge in and hemming it to the inside.
Step 4:  Put on your new Fingerless Gloves to pep up your ensemble as see above.

Now what do you do with the foot of the sock you have cut off?  Well, you could make some sort of stuffed animal out of it, but I only have so much time on my vacation so I choose something much simpler diy craft.

Cut the other side right below the heel and slip over a tin or jar that you are using to store all of your crafty bobbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment