Saturday, January 7, 2012

That's The Way The Cupcake Crumbles!

So, I am sitting here frosting a batch of cupcakes that were requested for a Pot Luck when the ultimate cupcake disaster strikes.  You know what I am talking about, when the novice cupcake maker like myself decides to frost a chocolate cupcake with white icing!  O, the first few come out great and then I get cocky and think I know what I am doing when suddenly the cake pulls up and now I have chocolate cake crumbs mussing up the pristine finish of the white icing!


What to do, what to do!  Good thing my daughter was sitting there watching me.  She suggested that I sacrifice one cupcake to crumble up and use to sprinkle on the others to hide the imperfections as well as jazz up the final appearance.




I loved the idea!  You don't have to buy anything extra, cupcakes have a finishing touch AND you don't have to have those gross waxy bits ruining the texture of your dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment